Sunday, October 17, 2010

Back... only better

A milestone of sorts, after 5 years of inactivity, I am back. I don't know what reminded me of this ancient blog of mine but I have decided to revive it. Reading my older posts is a trip. I was 22 and so enthusiastic :) Now I'm 27 and my I've changed but there will always be an inner political opposition in me. Inspired by recent political notes I've written (on facebook!), I've decided to once again use this blog as my podium for my ideas concerning politics in Egypt.

There will however be a shift in my approach to the subject. For one, growing older has made me less over-excited so I expect a dramatic decrease in the use of exclamation marks :D The posts will function more as analysis, opinion and theory rather than reporting. Reading my older posts, I've also noticed a somewhat contradicting impression regarding the identity of the author and the intended target audience: ordinary cultural matters are described from an outsider point of view while at the same time discussing issues that are a concern of mainly local followers of the political scene. This might be because I hadn't fully developed my cultural identity as I have now. On the same note, I expect more Arabic in future posts. Finally, I will stop referring to girls as chicks :D All in all, from now on, the posts and the ideas they contain should be worthy of being published in local newspapers regardless of the language they were originally written in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home